Friday, November 24, 2006

Giving Thanks

Pining to turn in right now. My metabolism has retreated into its cave to gnaw on Thanksgiving supper, so I'm cold, and my eyes definitely want a restraining order against my contacts. But I really need to post this before a good night's sleep turns today into yesterday. And today was Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for so many things.
  • The fact that I will soon curl up in soft PJ's in my nice warm bed in my beautiful and comfortable apartment.
  • The gorgeous weather today that allowed me to enjoy playing at the Uptown Lighting Festival, instead of making it the miserable trial by shivering that it normally is.
  • The adoption referral Jim and Reb got that means they might soon be parents, YAY!
  • Joe and Amy's engagement.
  • Getting paid to do something I really enjoy, and am REALLY good at.
  • Having time in my life for the people I care about and the things I love to do, like reading and music.
  • Feeling the grace of God, and the movement of His Spirit in my life, even when I have no idea where I'm going.
  • The fact that Rice football actually has a shot at post-season play.
  • A wonderful, loving, supportive family, that I really missed spending time with today.
  • A life fully worth living and fully lived, loved, and laughed at, even though it hurts sometimes.
  • Going out to lunch with wonderful friends, and eating a fabulous pork chop, then helping make dinner for other wonderful friends, who all loved my cheesy chicken casserole.
  • ALL of my wonderful friends who have loved me and supported me and put up with me through so much. And that means, of course, that I'm so very thankful for...
  • YOU!
God bless, I love you all, and hope you had a peaceful, restful, and thanks-full Thanksgiving!

Good night!

No comments: