Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hallmark Moment

I made a Walgreen's run for some deoderant (do you know how hard it is to find unscented solid???). Anyways.

Something drove me, compelled me, I don't know what, and I don't know why. I just felt drawn into the greeting card aisle, with a nagging in the back of my mind that there was something I was forgetting.

Oh, right. The hell. That's what I was forgetting. The pain and the loss and the loneliness had slipped my mind.

I stepped into the Hallmark aisle, thinking it would be nice maybe to get something for Mom. A random thinking of you, for no reason at all. I looked up, and was caught full in the face by a wall of Father's Day cards.

Damn it all to hell.

It never is going to be all better. I guess I should be glad it's as good as it is.

Just every so often, I have a moment.

I love you, Daddy. I miss you so much.

No comments: