Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apologia

I've really been meaning to post before this. I wanted my next blog to be some sort of trip journal, but I've been too busy! I figured pictures would be worth my usual thousand words, so I've spent my time on those, and I think I'll post my trip journal on my actual web page, anyway.

So let's see, while I'm apologizing, what are my other excuses? Pretty much ever since I stepped off the plane life has been nuts. First I had to put my place back together, of course.





It kinda looked a lot like this...










And the bed I really wanted to sleep in, and the path to the bathroom I really wanted to use looked something like this...









But at least the new floor they put in after creating this chaos looks really really nice...







So, anyway, putting the place back together took a few days, and once I got back, it was back to work, back to band, back to choir. I had given up on the idea of auditioning for a solo for the Sing for the Cure concert, only the newsletter that went out on Monday said auditions were still going, so I sent the director an e-mail and started working up the bit I wanted.

I auditioned Tuesday, and then on Wednesday Amy and Katy hit town, and I ate dinner with them and the HCB crew. Then rehearsal.

Then on THURSDAY after I got back, September 13, 2007, the really really big event took place. Kerri IMed me in the morning and said she might have gone into labor! (She wasn't sure. As she pointed out, she's never done this before.) :-)

Well, it was labor, and at 3:20 that afternoon Dylan was born! Hooray!!! Ever since then it's been seeing friends, rehearsing, and seeing the new baby! And unpacking. And doing laundry. And cleaning my apartment for this past week when my buddy Dave got into town, and I've been giving him house room. (He let me drive his sweet little silver BMW convertible, yay!)



Dylan had his first Friday celebration on September 21. It was great to see him, and even better to see Kerri out and about! I've missed her! I got to hold Dylan on Friday...












And again today when I went over to watch the UT game at their place...




So, yeah, I haven't had just a ton of free time, so no travel blog yet. Soon. At least there are pictures. Check them out! I'll be posting more as events warrant. You know, my free time being what it is. Life does just seem to be getting in the way these days.

God, I'm loving this ride!

No comments: