Monday, May 26, 2008

We Won't Forget

Who I'm remembering and am thankful for today:

  • Uncle Earl, WWII, fought in the Pacific on a submarine crew, who can't remember much any more
  • Grandpa, WWII, ship's cook on a naval sub, died of cancer in 1998
  • Popo, WWII, served in the army in North Africa, died in an accident in 2001
  • Daddy, navy submarines, died of a heart attack in 2002
  • Bud, my godfather, who was stationed all over before going back and getting his degree at A&M, and who still loves his country, and would probably serve if he could
  • Mr. Butler, Korea, my old English teacher I haven't talked to since I graduated high school, but who would tell stories about the trenches and the rations
  • Marvin, whose navy tattoos were the first tattoos I remember seeing on a person :-P
  • Em's Brad, Iraq, who came home injured, but is doing okay, thank God

And those are just the people I can name. I'm so thankful for everyone who has fought or is fighting. Who are you remembering today?

No comments: