Sunday, February 26, 2006

The End of My First Chapter

Well, pretty soon my February archive will stop taking in posts. My March, April, and May posts will follow, and these beginnings of my essay into the public digital sphere will be buried back in the strata, all the way at the bottom. Maybe it's because I didn't get much sleep last night, but this evokes images in my mind of something fundamental, primeval. It's like a seed. I wonder how it will grow.

I probably won't be able to post for a while. This week will be a week of tying up loose ends in order to start afresh. I found a translation project (thank you, St. Jerome). I have ideas for final papers in my other two classes, which I will discuss with professors this week. One last chapter needs cite-checking, then my prof's book goes of to the publisher.

Starting Thursday evening, March 2nd, I'll be out of town off and on, and won't attend class for the following two weeks (one of those is spring break, so I won't be too far behind). I'm actually amazed at the neatness of it all. Perhaps it will all come unravelled at the last minute!

So. Here's to the end of my first chapter. I do think beginnings are always the hardest . . .

No comments: