Thursday, July 12, 2007

Like a Peach, Still

Still bruised. Got the blood work back, and Doc looked at my X-Rays.

X-Rays look good. Blood negative for indications of arthritis.

But my white blood cell count is high.

"Looks like you have an infection. Does your throat hurt again?"

"No. I don't feel bad at all."

"What's that on your face?"

"Um... Acne."

"What do you take for it?"

"Uh... I wash my face."

"Okay, well, I'm going to give you an antibiotic for the infection. It should help clear that up too."

(Yeah, right, for the two weeks I take it, *maybe*. I'll have gray hair before I shake this acne.)

"And we'll see you in two weeks. We'll take some more blood and..."

"Oh NO! Not again!"

"Well sweety I have to check..."

"Look!"

I rolled up my sleeve and showed the fairly entact remains of my 2" across bruise from LAST time.

"Oh, Lord. Well we'll... then... we'll just see how your doing in two weeks."

Sigh. So I have antibiotics and no answers. And an ergonomic keyboard.

And Firefly and Serenity DVDs.

No comments: