Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sunny Alvarado, TX - It just keeps getting better.

So, that day off on Friday the boss told me to take?

Not happening.

Several things apparently got delayed, so a lot of stuff they'd like me to capture will be happening Friday. *Hopefully* early Friday, so I can take the afternoon off to drive home. But my solemn oath to be back in time for Valhalla is probably shot.

Drat.

Oh, and I have to get up at 5am tomorrow. Because something I need to video tape will happen at 6am.

Crumb.

Oh, and the lady that makes calls over the PA out there has the most INCREDIBLY irritating dialect I've ever heard. She often requests that so and so call the operator. Only... when she says "operator"... she says it like "opiterrr" and I'm not even sure how that works.

The only good thing about staying until Friday is it means I can most definitely meat my cousin and her friend somewhere for dinner Thursday.

So I'm going out with friends tonight *and* tomorrow. That should help boost morale. The good thing is, work continues to be interesting and engaging. And the people continue to be friendly and informative.

But... 5am???

Whimper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, we missed you at dinner/HCB/Volcano last night.

Except Tim. He was too busy being hit on by that Argentinian girl...