Monday, April 23, 2007

My Favorite Bob

I just found my favorite Bob dead. She's the one who laid eggs last week. She's the first one I could tell apart from the others, and she was the biggest one and the one with the most energy.

She's the one I was nursing just last week, and she got better! She was doing fine. And then I think I must have killed her.

I've been aerating the water by blowing bubbles into it using the aqua-leash, but that always worries me, because if I'm not careful, the little sea-monkeys get all jostled around against the bubbles, and I'm afraid they'll get shoved against the side of the tank too hard. Well, the websites all say you can aerate the water also by pouring it from the tank into another container and back. This isn't supposed to hurt the sea-monkeys at all.

But I think it's because of the pirate ship. It has holes so they can swim inside, and this Bob must have been inside of it, or maybe just slammed against it while I was pouring. But I was being so careful! She must have been inside of it and got stuck, and all the back and forth and water and no water...

It wouldn't be so bad if it was one of the ones that look all alike. And it wouldn't be so bad if she'd died when she was sick. But I feel so terrible because my first momma Bob is dead, and it's because of something I did. I guess I know not to do that any more, but I was already having a bit of a bad day. Now I just feel terrible.

I'm going to bed before this gets any worse.

P.S. I just went to check the tank one last time, because I figured if I was going to have to eat those words, I may as well know the worst at once. I found a brand new baby Bob, though, so that's a happy thing. I feel somewhat better now.

No comments: